- Do not turn in to a troll in a cave. There is a writing community out there and you need to be part of it.
- Do not wait until something is perfect to share it -- it will never be perfect.
- You will never be able to read your work objectively. Seek out a critique partner or group.
- Write, write, write. And don't worry if that writing is not part of your masterpiece. With each word you write, you become a better writer.
- When creative genius is flowing, don't stifle it because it doesn't match your outline.
- Do not let yourself be distracted or bogged down in the publishing process. You are a writer. Write. Finish. Then worry about that next step.
Notice that the first three points are on the same theme. Now, I need to follow my own advice. :)
BTW, check out my mad photo shop skills. It is supposed to be a troll in a cave.