Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Double Whammy

I started two projects at the same time.  Apparently a lot of writers do this, but to me it feels like I'm doing something wrong.  The thing is I have two stories that I'm itching to tell right now and I couldn't pick.  I actually have a third story that is percolating, but that will have to wait for now.

So we have Jane's story, the third installment of the Courtly books.  This one is set entirely in the country during the early spring.  I'm fairly organized on this one, I even used my Dramatist program to block things out and develop characters prior to writing.  Crazy, huh?

The fun part is in developing Jane.  She was the archetypal slutty friend from Courtly Pleasures.  I'm taking the slutty characterization and turning it into earthy and sensual, unashamed.  I think she's destined to have quite a story.  Right now I'm going with Courtly Marriage (which will fit the story, but is not exciting).

Karma, who likes to go by Kay, is my mc in a contemporary paranormal romance (no title yet). No, there are no no vampires or werewolves, but it is set in New Orleans so I may throw in a bit of the V-bar/Anne Rice culture.  Or not.  Who knows where the story will take me?  This is a true seat-of-my-pants project but I have a very good idea of large portions of it (I just haven't written it down).  This story is based on a dream and I'm looking forward to it.  It is about possession and has the potential of being slightly more risque than R.  I have to ask myself if I want to go down that road.

I plan to finish both these books by Christmas 2011.  The stories are there and they're ready.  I'm only getting better as a writer and the crunch time prior to finishing Courtly Scandals for the Golden Heart competition has taught me I can produce. Of course, right now I'm blogging instead of writing... so on that note, I'll sign off.

What projects are you working on?


Image from: http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?assettype=image&artist=Compassionate+Eye+Foundation%2fAndrew+Olney%2fOJO+Images+Ltd

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm plotting book two and learning to use speech to text cause I want it done for this Christmas!! Excited and scared..

The Arrival, on Amazon now!
www.damselinadirtydress.com

Amos Keppler said...

Working on 2 stories simultaneously is no problem. Try 15, like I did once, before I wised up...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...