Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wasting Time and Giving Myself an Asthma Attack

I've been pretty disciplined on the writing front lately, but today I spent a lot of time doing stupid stuff. And, since procrastination is such a big part of the writing process, I will share my wheezing laughter with you.

For those of you who have not seen this yet, this is from a site called Damn You, Auto Correct! and it's amazing.  I've had some texting typos. The worst was when I told my friend that my daughter wanted a Doodle Bear thingy for her birthday, but my phone corrected it to a Doodle Bear thong. Lily, thankfully, did not get a thong for her seventh birthday.  Of course some of the words that autocorrect comes up with are pretty crazy. I don't think my phone would automatically go to 'necrophilia.' I think text history is a factor in these things.

Another site I spent too much time on Passive Aggressive Notes. These are amazing. A good place to procrastinate.


Nasty Cute is another favorite. You do have to be in the right sort of mood. The premise is that they are the real thoughts of the adorable animals in the picture.
The text that goes along with the pic below is as follows:

“SHUT THE DOOR, SHUT THE DOOR!

Jeff - you’re not supposed to be in here, you don’t want to see this. We agreed when you moved in: when I hire a lady for the evening, YOU DO NOT ENTER MY ROOM. Now turn around and close the door and forget you ever saw this.”



I will always recommend any of the Hyperbole and a Half blogs, but they do take a time commitment to go through. Because of this my husband has never read any of them. Allie Brosch is a GENIUS! I look forward to seeing her finished book. I have even used (modified) her Alot post in class.

By and by, this is the most labor intensive blog post I think I have ever done. Very little thought, but a lot of images -- and right now my computer/blogger is being persnickety about downloading the jpgs.




Cake Wrecks is also worth a time investment. Some amazing stuff. I enjoy this way better than the awesome stuff on Cake Boss.


And now my desktop is cluttered with saved jpgs of varying names. Instead of cleaning up, I'll leave them there for my Mom to find when she uses my computer on Wednesday. File names include, but are not limited to:
  • jesus coke.jpg 
  • strangle cat.jpg
  • jerk-dad.jpg
  • 3thbdayboyboobs
  • monkeypoonastycute.jpg
  • analblaster.jpg.  
I think she'll enjoy seeing those up there. I wonder if she'll click on them?

And, no, I haven't been drinking. I probably am a little oxygen deprived from all the laughter though. I will go get my inhaler after I sign off.

For your viewing enjoyment, here's analblaster.jpg from Damn You, Auto Correct! Happy procrastinating!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nothing beats wasting time :)

Donna K. Weaver said...

Whoa. That cake looks like a wall hanging one of my sons gave my hubby. Um ....

Raquel Byrnes said...

Some of my favorites. :)

Denise Covey said...

Great fun Erin.
I see you've joined us at RomanticFridayWriters. It'll be so exciting to read your first piece. While trolling around your site I see you've been so kind as to put up what was to be our next challenge. Now I'm not usually one to overlook a romantic milestone but I realised that the next challenge falls just before Valentine's Day, so I changed the prompt to a more suitable one. We used to be weekly so the date on teh '9.5' is wrong too!

So if you drop by RFWer site you'll see the two next prompts in the left sidebar. Maybe you'd like to post them!

Once again, looking forward to your input!

Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...