Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Finish it Already!

This week I surpassed my estimated word count for Possessing Karma, and I'm not done. I'm in the final, KABOOM scene, but I'm not done. I'm really struggling, actually. It may just be self sabotage or the muses not speaking, either way it's frustrating.

I seriously only have a half a chapter to write, then the denouement. I keep going back and inserting details so that the bread crumbs are there and the consistency is, well, consistent. Problem with all the fine tuning is that I'm not moving forward. Sure, I'll have less to do in revisions, but I would rather be able to say that I'm finished with the first draft.

I keep dinking around with my query, with my pitch, with games on Facebook, when I should be focusing on getting the work done. I know what I'm going to write, I just need to write it. In fact, I've already started the musing process about my next book, I'm that done, mentally, with Karma. It's frustrating. Even now, what am I doing? I'm blogging about not writing when I could use this time to write.

In fact, I will. I have 20 minutes before I need to leave for work. That will be twenty minutes of writing forward.

Ready.
Steady.
Go.

4 comments:

Erin Kane Spock said...

I did it. I wrote for 20 minutes. Still not done, but closer. On the right path. :)

Susan Kane said...

That close? Get it done! Then you can move on. Right? Maybe?

Erin Kane Spock said...

81526

Stacy McKitrick said...

I know the feeling well. You'll succeed, though. Only because you want to. Then you'll wonder what the heck took so long!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...