Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

O is for OMG

I have two small children who watch Nick Jr. One of the regular shows is Yo Gabba Gabba.  Those of you not familiar with the show, imagine the psychedelic bizarreness of Teletubbies coupled with the low tech old-school Electric Company filmed during a rave while the director is on X.  Given that, it is strangely entertaining and even appeals to teenagers in a cult-ish kind of way.

One of the episodes featured Leslie Hall for the 'dancey dance' section.  I found her intriguing and looked her up. It appears she is almost like an art installation in herself, mocking pop culture and beauty norms.  The academic analysis aside, she is a trip.  So, here is her web video. It is almost hypnotizing and you may find yourself humming it later.  Or not.  Either way, you may experience the urge to utter OMG many times during the video.

What does this have to do with writing? Romance? Ermmmm... well, I'm sure I could make a connection, but the honest answer is - nothing.

Enjoy.



5 comments:

Lindsay Gage Natale said...

That was very OMG! I think I like YoGabaGaba better than my kids do. The Jack Black episode is my favorite. Thanks for the video - watch out for my body rolls - Teo is singing that right now!

Stephanie said...

The Jack Black one is HILARIOUS!!! For some odd reason, my 3 year old has no interest in this show. When it come son, he yells "No No No! Don't like this!" Does the same thing with The Freshbeat Band.

nutschell said...

LOL! Thanks for sharing this eerily funny video. I uttered OMG when I saw her green suit. :)
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Kathleen said...

Ok...she's my new hero. I love her spandex.

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME!

My kids are 5 & 7 but we just haven't really gotten into Yo...and we watched Jack Black for a few minutes...but something happened. I'll have to revisit it.

I just don't think it's across our tv enough...

THIS VIDEO, keep 'em coming as I don't want to miss them. HYSTERICAL.

I'm going to save it on my vodpod (just made a new account) and will link to you! :)

Sandi
http://www.ahhsome.wordpress.com
(I'll do in a few days, as it's spring break and we'll be at Magic Mountain riding roller coasters!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...